“Free Weight Loss Workout”
It is amazing how good a simple workout can make you feel, even if it is squeezed in to a small amount of time. If you are creative, you can get in a simple workout any time – during a lunch or coffee break, before a date or even before showering in the morning.
And since these exercises aren’t overly demanding, they are easy for everyone to do – with minimal accompanying perspiration. Remember that these exercise routines aren’t meant for serious fitness trainers hoping for maximum muscle growth.
These routines are designed to offer a simple, healthy weight loss workout with some muscle toning in about an hour. These exercises are only a part of the overall weight loss tips you will need for success – don’t forget to have a healthy snack at least an hour before working out, and have a full meal after you are finished.
Cardiovascular and Lower Body
A half hour daily walk is a very effective cardiovascular workout. It is very easy to do – just put on your walking shoes and go for a walk around the block. Don’t let weather dictate your workout. Provided you dress for the weather, you should be able to take your walk no matter what it is like outside. If for some reason you can’t get outside, an alternative that can work just as well is going up and down stairs.
This option works great for your heart, and also tones and strengthens leg muscles. In order to maintain constant progress, try increasing your pace each week. Make sure you set goals for yourself, and gradually increase your distances. If you can, alter your cardiovascular workouts, using the stairs one day and walking outside on other days.
After you have done your cardio exercises, you need to start your upper body work out with a few different exercises. For the best results, try doing these steps three times a week.
• Basic Pushups
These will give your chest area, triceps and rear deltoids a work out. You should try for 3 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions, (it will depend on your fitness level). As the movement becomes easier, you can gradually try to increase the repetitions. If the exercise gets to be too easy, you can put your feet on a chair to increase the resistance of the workout.
- Basic pushups consist of you laying face down on the floor, with your legs out behind you and your hands directly beneath your shoulders. Your fingertips need to be pointed straight ahead, with your back flat and your head in natural alignment with your spine.
- To get into the starting position, extend your arms straight from your shoulders, lifting your whole body off the floor. Keeping your body straight, go down until your nose almost touches the floor. Make sure that you breathe out with your chest and triceps as you push back up to the starting position. Don’t let your elbows lock, as you want to keep constant tension in your muscles.
• Close-Grip Pushups
These pushups will mostly give the tricep muscles, the inner chest and the trunk muscles a work out. Again, it is important to do 3 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions, according to your fitness level, gradually increasing the reps when the movement becomes easier.
- Using the same starting position and breathing pattern as the basic pushup, this exercise requires you to bring your hands together and form a triangle with your index fingers and thumbs. As you are going down to the floor, your elbows should be going to the side, which will put more stress on your triceps and inner chest.
- You will need more balance for close-grip pushups. Stabilizing your body will work out your trunk muscles through the entire exercise. It is important to stretch appropriately at first, as your wrists can feel strain with these exercises.
• Wide-Grip Pushups
These exercises will work out your chest, rear shoulders and parts of muscles in your back. Using the same number of repetitions as the first 2 exercises, make sure you gradually increase as things start to get easier.
- Again, you will use the same starting position and breathing pattern as the ones mentioned above. However, in this exercise, you will need to position your hands beyond shoulder width, with your fingers pointing forward. The wider position will emphasize the tension in your shoulders and pectoral muscles. Wide-grip pushups are far more demanding on your body, so chances are you will tire faster than with the other pushups.
- The above variations of pushups will keep your upper body muscles strong and fit. Here are some additional exercises that you can add to your routine which only require either 8 or 15 kg weights and a bit of your time.
The following repetitions will help to tone the muscles in your thighs and buttocks. First, spread your legs to the width of your hips, keeping them fully extended. Hold weights in each hand, and while maintaining a straight back, slowly bend your knees until your thighs are level to the floor. Slowly return to your starting position. You should continue doing this exercise until your legs are tired.
A great workout for your pectoral muscles is to lie on your back on a bed, and hold a weight in each hand above your chest. Keep your arms fully extended with the palms of the hands facing towards each other. Slowly lower the weights outwards and down until they are parallel with your shoulders. Breathe out, and return to the original position. You should try to do eight sets of 8-12 repetitions over time.
In order to strengthen your biceps, you can sit on the edge of a chair, with your feet placed hip width apart. Hold your weights with palms facing towards you, in front of your body. Extend your arm, and curl one weight up at a time towards your shoulder. Make sure you rotate your forearm slightly so that your palm faces your shoulder when at the top of the movement. You should aim to be able to do 3 sets of 8-12 repetitions.
All of these exercises described here can provide a very effective weight loss workout, when combined with healthy eating and living. Incorporating exercises like these into your overall plan, with many other available weight loss tips, will ensure that you reach your weight loss goals feeling healthy and fit.
|Plan your diet||Choosing weight loss pills|